What is a Tier 1 Investor Visa?
Effective April 6, 2015 – Tier 1 Investor Visa applicants will be required to pay a healthcare surcharge of £200 as part of their application.
Introduced in 2008, the UK Investor Visa allows ‘high net worth’ foreign nationals, with at least £2 million, to invest and remain in Britain on a long term basis. With a Tier 1 Investor Visa you can work or study in the UK.
Who is suitable for a Tier 1 Investor Visa?
- Persons with £2 million that must be invested in the UK within 3 months of the visa being granted
What are the requirements for a Tier 1 Investor Visa?
To satisfy the requirements for a Tier 1 Investor Visa you’ll need to:
- Be 18 years old or over
- Provide evidence that your monetary investment will be made by you, your husband/wife or your unmarried/same sex partner
- Have a UK bank account
- Prove that your funds are held in one or more regulated financial institutions
- Prove that your funds are free to spend (disposable) in the UK
Common questions asked about the Tier 1 Investor Visa
How long can I remain in the UK?
The Tier 1 Investor Visa is initially granted for a maximum period of 40 months. However, you can apply to extend this by an additional two years.
Can I bring family members with me on this visa?
Yes. You can bring family members with you to the UK on this visa.
Can I apply to settle in the UK?
Yes! You can apply to settle in the UK after:
- Two years, should you invest £10 million
- Three years, should you invest £5 million
- Five years, should you invest £1 million