What is a Tier 2 General Skilled Workers Visa?
Effective April 6, 2015 – the job you’re offered must have a salary of £20,800 or more.
The Tier 2 Skilled Workers Visa is available to intermediate or highly skilled workers who have been offered employment in a skilled job role in the UK.
Who is suitable for a Tier 2 General Skilled Workers Visa?
- Persons outside the EEA with a job offer in the UK with a salary of £20,800 or more
- Persons outside the EEA with a Certificate of Sponsorship
What are the requirements for a Tier 2 General Skilled Workers Visa?
To satisfy the requirements for a Tier 2 General Visa you’ll need to have the following:
- A Certificate of Sponsorship reference number
- An appropriate salary
- The required level of English
- £945 in savings to prove that you can support yourself in the UK. This needs to have been in your bank account for 90 days before making your application
Common questions asked about the Tier 2 General Worker Visa
How long can I stay in the UK?
You can stay in the UK for a maximum of 5 years and 14 days.
Can I bring family members to the UK on this visa?
Yes. You can bring family members with you to the UK on this visa.
Can I apply for Indefinite Leave to Remain on this visa?
Yes. Once you have been in the UK for 5 years on a Tier 2 General Worker Visa, you can apply for Indefinite Leave to Remain.
What is a Certificate of Sponsorship?
The Certificate of Sponsorship is a reference number detailing your employment and personal information. It’s not actually a certificate or paper document.
Your reference number will be provided by your sponsor. You’ll also be told how much you will be paid, a requirement to make your visa application. Your sponsorship reference number must also be added to you application and you can only use it once.